Dear fellow linguists,
Our university has its very own (under)graduate journal for linguistics: LingUU Journal. This is a journal where you, students, can publish papers you are proud of, or papers in which you show something that more people should read, other than just your teacher.
Since the academic year is progressing swiftly, we are looking for new members for our editorial board!
What can LingUU Journal offer you?
A position in the editorial board of LingUU offers the possibility to take a look inside the organisation of scientific publications, gain knowledge on good (academic) writing and develop your organisational abilities.
Interested? We are looking for students that would like to fill the following positions:
- Senior editor (division of tasks regarding submitted manuscripts, keep track of the status of manuscripts, assistance of the editors in chief, various other editorial tasks)
- Secretary(write minutes, create and manage archives, manage e-mails and distribute the issues)
- Treasurer (attracts financial support, takes care of orders and manages the budget of the journal)
- Designer & webmaster (management of the journal’s layout and website)
- Editor (search for and approach contributors, solicit manuscripts, revise submitted content)
Are you interested in linguistics, science in general, and the distribution of knowledge, and would you like to be involved in a student journal? Send an e-mail to email@example.com before June 12, 2019. Your e-mail must consist of the following parts:
- Name and surname;
- Current study;
- Field(s) of interest within linguistics (e.g. phonetics);
- Post(s) of interest;
- Short motivation;
- An indication of the time you would like to be part of the board (e.g. one year).
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions at all. We are looking forward to see your application.
Mandy de Kuiper and Myrthe van der Veen
Editors in chief of LingUU: (undergraduate) journal of Linguistics